We have all wished for extra hour or two of quiet in a day to finish a project. With everything that goes on around us on a daily basis, it is hard to concentrate on the little details which can make a huge difference. Looking professional at work doesn’t just include the way you dress and present yourself, it includes how you present your work – whether it be your documents, presentations, excel spreadsheets and emails. But who on earth has the time today to look after the little details which make the biggest difference.
How to choose the right person
Take some time out of your already busy day and have a look at your to-do list. Under each point, write down what needs to be done to successfully complete that project. From that point, look at what you need to have absolute control over and the little things that you can give others to handle.
Now you are stuck with – Who can I trust to take on this work? Virtual Assistants have been around for many years, and like every profession it has grown leaps and bounds. Virtual assistants are helping people grow their businesses and careers all over the world. The hardest part will be finding the right virtual assistant that will fit you the best.
A virtual assistant (or VA as we like to call ourselves) are the magic working fairies that help you with your work so that you are able to look after what really matters. They can be once off employee or someone who can help you on a daily basis. We have our own equipment, own office and our own set of specialised skills.
Just some of the things you can save time on by hiring a VA:
- Document formatting. Not everyone can be a Microsoft Word guru and making your content look good is what Virtual Assistants do best.
- Excel Spreadsheets. Graphs, pivot tables and even simple formatting can drive you crazy. Virtual Assistants can help you save time by taking on these tedious (but necessary) details.
- PowerPoint Presentations. You know what you want to say, you just don’t know how to put it in a way that others will pay attention to.
- Email Management. Sifting through spam is the burden of every email inbox! Have someone else take care of it for you, so when you look at your email, you know exactly what is going on and what you need to take care of immediately.
- Typing. Even though typing is a much needed skill of today – not everyone enjoys it and not everyone can type quickly and accurately. Give those typing frog jobs to someone else to take care of so that you can concentrate of frying the bigger fish.
- Proofreading and Content Writing. Sometimes we get so busy we forget grammar rules and structure. Virtual Assistants who specialise in proofreading and content writing will make sure that everything you put on the internet is correct and gives the right message across.
- Blogs. Blogging is an important task of every company that wants to make a mark in the cyber world of marketing. It assists with your Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) and helps you show the world what you are about.
- Research. You need to make sure your facts are correct; no one likes being proven wrong in any situation whether business or personal. But proper research takes time, time you do not have to spare in your busy day. Having someone else do it for you, frees your time up to concentrate on the bigger picture.
- Data Capturing and Clean ups. If you have a lot of information that needs to be sorted and cleaned up … having a virtual assistant deal with those tasks will ensure that all your data is correct.
… and the list goes on.
Now that you know what virtual assistants do – go out and search for your virtual assistant. If you need help in finding a virtual assistant, email me on email@example.com and I can help you find a virtual assistant that will fit your needs best.