The beginning of 2014 brings many new and exciting things. One of the exciting things happening for me as The Admin’s Niche is taking part in a VA Blogging Challenge. Over the next couple of months, I will be writing blogs about a variety of topics from A-Z that effect every VA around the world.
When I started my VA Business, although I had a lot of knowledge about the working world, I still had a lot of questions to go with it.
This brings me to my first topic for the blogging challenge:
- Ask for Support: Whether you are starting your VA business or starting a long and difficult project, as for support. Whether it is your partner, family, friends or VA colleagues, support can be the one thing that keeps you sane.
- Ask for Help: Sometimes the day is too busy to even think or breath. By asking for help, you can meet deadlines and keep the quality of your work at a high standard.
- Ask for Clarification: When taking on a new job or new client, remember to make sure you find out all the details upfront:
– When do they need the project completed by?
– What format do they need it in?
– Spelling requirements (US or UK)
– What form of communication do they prefer (Email, Skype, Freelancer sites, Phone etc)
– What software will you need to complete the project?
- Ask for Information: When you are unsure about a project or how software works, there is no shame in asking “How does this work”. 9 times out of 10, someone else has/had the same problem! This can save you time, frustration and on top of it all you will learn something new – which in the future will again save you time.
If you would like to be part of this challenge, it’s not too late, email me on email@example.com and I will add you to the group.